Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jazz doesn't listen to jazz: Metro Station

Yeah, you read that right. Metro Station.

A few years ago, I was 13 or 14, and I used to be the biggest Metro Station fan. Ever. It's one of the reasons why my Twitter account has 102,000+ tweets.

Scratch that. I wasn't a fan... I was a huge fangirl. If my thirteen-year-old self could build a shrine for them, I probably would've.

Also, I admit, I had this big fat crush on Trace Cyrus... and Mason Musso. Yeah. No, actually, all of them. I'd watch aNtcam (did I spell that right?) and Blake Cam everyday and it would feel like the first time every time.

Yesterday, I don't know what got into me, but I decided to download almost the whole Metro Station discography... and yes. Flashbacks. Most people know Shake It and Seventeen Forever, but I have a few songs that I really like/used to really really like, and I'm gonna share them with you guys!

Oh wait, photos! (none of them are mine)

From left to right, there's Trace, Mason, Blake, and Anthony or aNt (...yeah, with the capital N.) Source
Lol. Source

Yup. Oh my god I just remembered when Anthony followed me on Twitter years ago. That was crazy. Source
Okay, let's get to the music. I think Metro Station was my... 'transition' to indie music/more obscure electronic music, 'cause when I was looking for their less famous songs back then, I stumbled upon a bunch of other semi-unknown bands along the way.

Anyway, I'll try to describe the songs to you. Try. Let's start with one that a lot of people know:

Kelsey. First of all, the video. You need to see it. I don't know if it affects you in any way, but I get butterflies in my stomach every time. I actually really like the lyrics. How do I describe this... it's like, a song I could just dive into and drown in, happily.

California. Perfect road trip song. It makes me feel all light and free. I am not good at describing things.  There's a slightly rougher version of the song, which I kinda like too. Here.

Tell Me What to Do. Super fun song... and their voices. Ngh. Also, YEAH, MOVE LIKE THAT, YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH, MOVE LIKE THAT.

True To Me. She's too fun to be so gone with me, too good to be true to meee. Fun to scream sing along to. Heehee.

Wish We Were Older. Makes me wanna jump around and roll around and. Feels.

Control. Same vibes as Wish We Were Older. YEP.

There you go! Did you have fun? I had fun. Tell me what you think!

Also, I finally made a Facebook page. Go like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment