Monday, June 3, 2013

New Media

Quick post!

I've been hit by inspiration this weekend (thank you, universe) and I was able to create a couple of things on my sketchpad!


This, this doesn't have a title yet. This started out as a random shape I sketched and then I thought, "Hey, this looks like a screaming alien!" which is why there's an eye over there. Do aliens have eyes? Heh, aliens. I've been using coloured pencils a whole lot, and I decided it was time to try out a new medium (or a medium I haven't used in a while). I was talking to my friend, RJ, and he asked me to try using coffee, so I did. I colored it in with coffee. Starbucks coffee. Not really. In yo' faces. Not really.

I was really pleased with how it turned out. I'm usually a messy painter/artist/person... not that art shouldn't be messy, it can be whatever it wants to be. I was just slightly surprised at how neatly I was able to create this.


Here's a piece I just started working on, as a sort of 'part two' to the previous one I made. It's a very light sketch. I altered the contrast a little so you could see it a bit clearer. It's a full page this time! I might stick to good ol' watercolour pencils for this one.

Sooo, that's all! I'll create a post of this second piece once I get it done. Adios.

Check out the links on my sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment